One question we get asked regularly here at Aqua Living Pools is how much exactly does a pool cost. Unfortunately, it isn’t a straightforward answer as there are many factors that go into the costing on a pool, both initial and in ongoing maintenance.
To hopefully answer the question of how much a pool costs, we have outlined some of those factors here.
Location and Building Requirements
One of the first factors that determine the price of a pool is the location and any building requirements. Is your land flat or sloping? Does a lot of work need to be done to prepare the area? What size and shape are you looking at? What safety requirements do you need to put in place? What council requirements and permits do you need?
This area is fairly in-depth and can take some time to organise.
Style of Pool
The style of the pool you want will also affect costs of building materials, maintenance and labor costs. Some basic costings:
- Inground pools can range between $20,000 to $100,000
- Above ground pools are cheaper and can be done with anything from $100 for a blow-up pool through to $20,000 for a permanent above ground pool.
These costs are just install costs. Once you start to add in tiling, decking and fencing, costs will certainly increase.
There are three types of pools that are installed – fibreglass, concrete and vinyl liner. This is one big area that will take up a good percentage of your budget. Basic costs can be:
- Fibreglass pools can range between $25,000 to $50,000 or more
- Concrete pools can range between $30,000 and $100,000
- Vinyl liner pools sit around $10,000 for above ground and between $20,000 to $50,000 for in-ground options.
Concreting is a more expensive option, but it does give you more flexibility in design and style.
Fencing, decking, tiling, pool pumps, pool covers, vacuums and chemicals all add to the ongoing cost of a pool.
For a more comprehensive and specific cost, Aqua Living Pools provides initial on-site consultations with follow-ups in our “pool room” to ensure you get a pool that meets your needs and your budgets. Contact us today.